- Japanese Hannya Mask Hoodie
Japanese Hannya Mask Hoodie
An important character of the Noh theater based on Japanese traditional literature and supernatural elements transformed into human form, the Hannya mask 般若 represents a tormented demon woman who is overtaken by jealousy and contempt., one of the most important characters of Japanese folklore and still represented today in Kabuki performances or even Japanese tattoos especially among the Yakuza.
This relaxed fit black hoodie with ribbed sleeve cuffs presents this demonic woman with the face pierced by a snake as often depicted especially in the famous noh theater play "Dodoji" which tells the legend of Kiyohime and the transformation of a woman into the Hannya form of the "Demon Snake" to hide under a bell tower and take revenge on a monk who abandons her.
- All our hoodies are made with premium cotton.
- High-quality Hannya screen printing.
- Adjustable drawstring hood.
- Soft fleece interior, always comfortable.
- Front kangaroo pouch pocket.
- Free standard shipping worldwide.